Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Beast's Fiction And Fact

I finally get to hear this album.
1. Fact : a simple song with nice instrumental and strong voices. The chorus in really nice but not catchy, the rap is a good way to finish the song
2. Fiction : The title track. I like the instrumental, the chorus is catchy, the beat is really good and the voices are good and the rap is perfect. (It will probably stick in my head for some time)
3. Back To you :Ballad, maybe, not sure, but the beat is good as well as the chorus ( a bit catchy) and the rap. The overall song is nice, but it is nothing exceptional.
4. You : Nice instrumental ballad with violin and guitar, it is simple but sweet, but one slight bad point : a bit too repetitive.
5. Freeze : It is Junhyung's song it is more upbeat than the last two songs, it also have a happy feeling (reminds me of some of Johnny's songs so -----> Jpop feeling), it is alsoo more electronical than the previous songs, well it is good to brighten your mood.
6. Virus : The "Black R&B" (wanna be) song, it has the R&B feeling. But this style doesn't fit with bands, but the rap part fits perfectly in the song. I don't hate it but if I want ot listen to an R&B song, I will listen to Taeyang and not Beast.
7. Borrabojiman (불러보지만) : An electronic ballad. The instrumental reminds me a little bit TM Revolution's songs (it is not a band thing), the voices and the chorus are nice but the rap feels out of place.
8. biga oneun naren (비가 오는 날엔) : A "back to the basics" ballad with acoustic guitar and quite a simple beat, but the vocal are beautiful and the song is full of emotions (especially nostalgia).
9. Lightless (Unplugged Ver.) : They completely remade the song, it is full of feelings(sadness and sorrow), it is almost as if it is painful to sing this one. The voices are absolutely perfect and beautiful and the rap is so soft, no matter how many times I listen to this it never fails to bring out tears.
10. Fiction (Orchestra Ver.) : I usually am a fan of orchestral songs. But this is disappointing, it is cute, but in order to match the song, some parts should have been more powerful, I think they lack of wind instruments and maybe they couldn't get a hold on a full orchestra.
Lyrics

The overall album: A lot of ballads (unfortunately), I don't hate them but Beast's strong point (at least for me) was the fact they had very little ballads. they had maybe 5 of them out 25 songs. I will stil buy it ^^. Also a mature feeling, the songs are more elaborated, and I can that they worked more on every song to polish it.
Favorite song : Fiction and Freeze.
Favorite ballad : Lightless Unplugged Ver. and biga oneun naren (비가 오는 나렌)

No comments:

Post a Comment